Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The Clue... a person sitting down (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer PLOP is common and appears about once every 350 puzzles.
Drop with a thud
Make a splash
Noise from a fall
Sit down heavily
Sound associated with ripples
Alka-Seltzer jingle starter
Dull, faintly explosive sound
Word in an Alka-Seltzer ad
DefinitionPLOP as a noun:
1. the noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash
PLOP as a verb:
1. drop something with a plopping sound
2. drop with the sound of something falling into water
3. (plank, flump, plonk, plop, plunk, plump down, plunk down, plump) = set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise; "He planked the money on the table"; "He planked himself into the sofa"
PLOP as an adverb:
1. (plop, plunk) = with a short hollow thud; "plop came the ball down to the corner of the green"