Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueAdvertise (7 letter answer)
NotesThe answer PROMOTE is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 850 puzzles.
Play the entrepreneur
Do an adman's job
DefinitionPROMOTE as a verb:
1. (promote, advance, boost, further, encourage) = contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
2. (promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate) = give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
3. (advertise, advertize, promote, push) = make publicity for; try to sell (a product); "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model"; "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops"
4. be changed for a superior chess or checker piece
5. change a pawn for a king by advancing it to the eighth row, or change a checker piece for a more valuable piece by moving it the row closest to your opponent