Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueAttitudinize (7 letter answer)
NotesThe answer POSTURE is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1800 puzzles.
Frame of mind
Stooped shoulders, e.g.
Poor thing about a slouch
DefinitionPOSTURE as a noun:
1. (position, posture, attitude) = the arrangement of the body and its limbs; "he assumed an attitude of surrender"
2. (carriage, bearing, posture) = characteristic way of bearing one's body; "stood with good posture"
3. (position, stance, posture) = a rationalized mental attitude
4. (military capability, military strength, strength, military posture, posture) = capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war; "we faced an army of great strength"; "politicians have neglected our military posture"
POSTURE as a verb:
1. (pose, posture) = behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don't pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!"; "She postured and made a total fool of herself"
2. (model, pose, sit, posture) = assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"