Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueAvoiding spitballs, say (7 letter answer)
NotesThe answer DUCKING is so rare that it appears less than once every 2500 puzzles.
DefinitionDUCKING as a noun:
1. (ducking, duck hunting) = hunting ducks
2. (submersion, immersion, ducking, dousing) = the act of wetting something by submerging it
DUCK as a verb:
1. to move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away; "Before he could duck, another stone struck him"
2. submerge or plunge suddenly
3. (dip, douse, duck) = dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
4. (hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep) = avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"