Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueBiceps-strengthening exercises (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer CURLS is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1100 puzzles.
Sausage and spit
Some arm exercises
Spit or pin followers
DefinitionCURL as a noun:
1. (coil, whorl, roll, curl, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll) = a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
2. (Curl, Robert Curl, Robert F. Curl, Robert Floyd Curl Jr.) = American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
3. (lock, curl, ringlet, whorl) = a strand or cluster of hair
CURL as a verb:
1. (curl, curve, kink) = form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
2. (curl up, curl, draw in) = shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
3. (coil, loop, curl) = wind around something in coils or loops
4. (curl, wave) = twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
5. play the Scottish game of curling