Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueBusy person's reading (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer DIGEST is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1000 puzzles.
Word in many magazine titles
Word in some magazine titles
It makes a long story short
DefinitionDIGEST as a noun:
1. a periodical that summarizes the news
2. (compilation, digest) = something that is compiled (as into a single book or file)
DIGEST as a verb:
1. convert food into absorbable substances; "I cannot digest milk products"
2. arrange and integrate in the mind; "I cannot digest all this information"
3. (digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up) = put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
4. become assimilated into the body; "Protein digests in a few hours"
5. systematize, as by classifying and summarizing; "the government digested the entire law into a code"
6. soften or disintegrate, as by undergoing exposure to heat or moisture
7. (digest, condense, concentrate) = make more concise; "condense the contents of a book into a summary"
8. soften or disintegrate by means of chemical action, heat, or moisture