Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueBy the clock (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TIMED is uncommon, appearing about once every 575 puzzles.
Calculated the speed
Held a watch on
Measured by a stopwatch
Put in sync
Under a stopwatch
Used a stopwatch
Like certain bombs
Like many tests
Like Olympic races
Like some locks
Like some vault locks
Like tournament chess games
DefinitionTIME as a verb:
1. (clock, time) = measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time; "he clocked the runners"
2. assign a time for an activity or event; "The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
3. set the speed, duration, or execution of; "we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
4. regulate or set the time of; "time the clock"
5. adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time; "The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
TIMED as an adjective:
1. regularly spaced in time; "closely timed intervals"