Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueCause the ruin of (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer UNDO is seen frequently, appearing about once every 80 puzzles.
Bring to naught
Bring to ruin
Loosen a knot
Open a clasp
Set at naught
Computer correction command
Word processing command
"Go back," on an edit menu
DefinitionUNDO as a verb:
1. cancel, annul, or reverse an action or its effect; "I wish I could undo my actions"
2. (unmake, undo) = deprive of certain characteristics
3. cause the ruin or downfall of; "A single mistake undid the President and he had to resign"
4. (untie, undo, loosen) = cause to become loose; "undo the shoelace"; "untie the knot"; "loosen the necktie"
5. (unwrap, undo) = remove the outer cover or wrapping of; "Let's unwrap the gifts!"; "undo the parcel"