Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueComplicated situation (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SNARL is common and appears about once every 225 puzzles.
Bit of a jam
Angry dog's response
Jam often created in N.Y.C.
Jam sometimes spread for miles
React like a threatened dog
Warning before a bite, perhaps
DefinitionSNARL as a noun:
1. a vicious angry growl
2. an angry vicious expression
3. (tangle, snarl, maze) = something jumbled or confused; "a tangle of government regulations"
SNARL as a verb:
1. (snap, snarl) = utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone; "The sales clerk snapped a reply at the angry customer"; "The guard snarled at us"
2. make a snarling noise or move with a snarling noise; "Bullets snarled past us"
3. (entangle, tangle, mat, snarl) = twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
4. (snarl, snarl up, embrangle) = make more complicated or confused through entanglements