Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueDesk appurtenances (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer PADS is common and appears about once every 200 puzzles.
Adds to dishonestly
Foot and stamp
Gear for a Giant
Protection for goalies
Adrian's shoulder extenders
Apollo starting points
Exaggerates an expense account
Expands with needless matter
Inflates the expense account
Fudges, in a way, as an expense report
Parts of animals' feet
Launch sites ... or crash sites
Where hippies bed down
DefinitionPAD as a noun:
1. (pad, pad of paper, tablet) = a number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge
2. the large floating leaf of an aquatic plant (as the water lily)
3. (pad, inkpad, inking pad, stamp pad) = a block of absorbent material saturated with ink; used to transfer ink evenly to a rubber stamp
4. a usually thin flat mass of padding
5. (launching pad, launchpad, launch pad, launch area, pad) = a platform from which rockets or space craft are launched
6. (diggings, digs, domiciliation, lodgings, pad) = temporary living quarters
7. the foot or fleshy cushion-like underside of the toes of an animal
PAD as a verb:
1. (embroider, pad, lard, embellish, aggrandize, aggrandise, blow up, dramatize, dramatise) = add details to
2. (slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp) = walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud; "Mules plodded in a circle around a grindstone"
3. (pad, fill out) = line or stuff with soft material; "pad a bra"
4. (pad, bolster) = add padding to; "pad the seat of the chair"