Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueDominant ideas (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer THEMES is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1100 puzzles.
Classical music features
DefinitionTHEME as a noun:
1. (subject, topic, theme) = the subject matter of a conversation or discussion; "he didn't want to discuss that subject"; "it was a very sensitive topic"; "his letters were always on the theme of love"
2. (theme, motif) = a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in a literary or artistic work; "it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme"
3. (theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea) = (music) melodic subject of a musical composition; "the theme is announced in the first measures"; "the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"
4. (composition, paper, report, theme) = an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
5. (root, root word, base, stem, theme, radical) = (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed; "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
THEME as a verb:
1. provide with a particular theme or motive; "the restaurant often themes its menus"