Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueDriving danger (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer ICE is very common and appears about once every 37 puzzles.
On ___ (in reserve)
Clinch, as a deal
Diamonds, to hoods
Diamonds, to Legs
Diamonds, on the street
Diamonds, to a yegg
Ferber's "___ Palace"
Surface for a Sabre
"Floor" for an Orr score
Kind of age or bag
Kind of cap or cream
Rocks behind the bar
Ship navigation hazard
Surface for the Ranger sextet
Winter driving hazard
Word with bag or cap
Word with pick or pack
It may be crushed
Surface for the St. Louis Blues
It may be cracked or packed
DefinitionICE as a noun:
1. (ice, water ice) = water frozen in the solid state; "Americans like ice in their drinks"
2. the frozen part of a body of water
3. (ice, sparkler) = diamonds; "look at the ice on that dame!"
4. (frosting, icing, ice) = a flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes
5. (ice, frappe) = a frozen dessert with fruit flavoring (especially one containing no milk)
6. (methamphetamine, methamphetamine hydrochloride, Methedrine, meth, deoxyephedrine, chalk, chicken feed, crank, glass, ice, shabu, trash) = an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
7. (internal-combustion engine, ICE) = a heat engine in which combustion occurs inside the engine rather than in a separate furnace; heat expands a gas that either moves a piston or turns a gas turbine
8. (ice rink, ice-skating rink, ice) = a rink with a floor of ice for ice hockey or ice skating; "the crowd applauded when she skated out onto the ice"
ICE as a verb:
1. (frost, ice) = decorate with frosting; "frost a cake"
2. put ice on or put on ice; "Ice your sprained limbs"