Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueEccentric (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer FLAKE is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 700 puzzles.
Bit of snow
Chip off, as paint
Come off, as paint
Snow or soap follower
DefinitionFLAKE as a noun:
1. (snowflake, flake) = a crystal of snow
2. (eccentric, eccentric person, flake, oddball, geek) = a person with an unusual or odd personality
3. (bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap) = a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
FLAKE as a verb:
1. form into flakes; "The substances started to flake"
2. cover with flakes or as if with flakes
3. (peel off, peel, flake off, flake) = come off in flakes or thin small pieces; "The paint in my house is peeling off"