Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueKnight's shaft (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer LANCE is seen frequently, appearing about once every 170 puzzles.
Burst, in a way
Kind of corporal
Marines' ___ corporal
Weapon for Ahab
Arm of a knight-in-arms
Medieval charging need
Carter's first Director of the Budget
It may be at a tilt
Lamas role in "Falcon Crest"
Weapon in the Charge of the Light Brigade
DefinitionLANCE as a noun:
1. (spear, lance, shaft) = a long pointed rod used as a weapon
2. (spear, gig, fizgig, fishgig, lance) = an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
3. (lancet, lance) = a surgical knife with a pointed double-edged blade; used for punctures and small incisions
LANCE as a verb:
1. move quickly, as if by cutting one's way; "Planes lanced towards the shore"
2. pierce with a lance, as in a knights' fight
3. open by piercing with a lancet; "lance a boil"