Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueLike some grapes (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SEEDED is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 800 puzzles.
Ranked, in tennis
Ranked, as in a tournament
Ranked at Wimbledon
Rated in tennis
Rated at Wimbledon
Did a lawn job
Having good placement
Like many lawns
Like Muscat raisins
Like a new lawn
Like some rolls
Rated, at Flushing Meadows
Rated King, Austin et al.
DefinitionSEED as a verb:
1. go to seed; shed seeds; "The dandelions went to seed"
2. help (an enterprise) in its early stages of development by providing seed money
3. bear seeds
4. (sow, sough, seed) = place (seeds) in or on the ground for future growth; "She sowed sunflower seeds"
5. distribute (players or teams) so that outstanding teams or players will not meet in the early rounds
6. sprinkle with silver iodide particles to disperse and cause rain; "seed clouds"
7. inoculate with microorganisms
8. remove the seeds from; "seed grapes"
SEEDED as an adjective:
1. (of the more skilled contestants) selectively arranged in the draw for position in a tournament so that they meet each other in later rounds
2. having the seeds extracted; "seeded raisins"
3. having seeds as specified; "many-seeded"; "black-seeded"
4. having or supplied with seeds; "a seeded breadfruit"; "seeded rolls"
5. (seeded, sown) = sprinkled with seed; "a seeded lawn"