Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueMental attitude (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SLANT is seen frequently, appearing about once every 150 puzzles.
Distort a report
Lie on an incline
Point of view
Italics have it
Not present fairly
Way of looking at things
What an editorial has
What a roof is usually built on
DefinitionSLANT as a noun:
1. (slant, angle) = a biased way of looking at or presenting something
2. (pitch, rake, slant) = degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch"
SLANT as a verb:
1. lie obliquely; "A scar slanted across his face"
2. (slant, angle, weight) = present with a bias; "He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
3. (lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle) = to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
4. (cant, cant over, tilt, slant, pitch) = heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"