Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The CluePart of a shoe (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer VAMP is common and appears about once every 350 puzzles.
Improvise, in jazz
Nita or Theda
Theda Bara, for one
Top of a shoe
Fill in time on stage
Silents' Bow, e.g.
Theda Bara, e.g.
"Hard Hearted Hannah" of song
DefinitionVAMP as a noun:
1. (coquette, flirt, vamp, vamper, minx, tease, prickteaser) = a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
2. an improvised musical accompaniment
3. piece of leather forming the front part of the upper of a shoe
VAMP as a verb:
1. (vamp, vamp up) = make up; "vamp up an excuse for not attending the meeting"
2. (vamp, vamp up) = piece (something old) with a new part; "vamp up an old speech"
3. act seductively with (someone)
4. (vamp, revamp) = provide (a shoe) with a new vamp; "revamp my old boots"