Present; current (6 letter answer)
The answer ACTUAL is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 650 puzzles.
Far from fantastic
ACTUAL as an adjective:
1. (actual, existent) = presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible; "the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"; "actual and imagined conditions"
2. taking place in reality; not pretended or imitated; "we saw the actual wedding on television"; "filmed the actual beating"
3. (actual, genuine, literal, real) = being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something; "her actual motive"; "a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterton; "a genuine dilemma"
4. (actual, factual) = existing in act or fact; "rocks and trees...the actual world"; "actual heroism"; "the actual things that produced the emotion you experienced"
5. (de facto, actual, factual) = existing in fact whether with lawful authority or not; "de facto segregation is as real as segregation imposed by law"; "a de facto state of war"
6. being or existing at the present moment; "the ship's actual position is 22 miles due south of Key West"