Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The CluePropensity (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer BIAS is seen frequently, appearing about once every 160 puzzles.
Bar to equity
Favoritism or discrimination
Kind of crime
Civil rights concern
Seamstress's diagonal cut
Subject for a media ombudsman
One of the Seven Sages of ancient Greece
DefinitionBIAS as a noun:
1. (bias, prejudice, preconception) = a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
2. (diagonal, bias) = a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
BIAS as a verb:
1. influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
2. (bias, predetermine) = cause to be biased
BIAS as an adjective:
1. slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric; "a bias fold"