Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueReel thing (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TAPE is seen frequently, appearing about once every 90 puzzles.
Copy, as a film
Item for a D.J.
Make a video
Mend, in a way
Preserve, in a way
Record of a sort
Red or adhesive
Use the VCR
Answering machine insert
Finish line, perhaps
Foot racer's goal
It comes in a roll
Race's finish line
Red or ticker follower
Scotch or masking, e.g.
Stock ticker output
Supply in a nurse's kit
It may be magnetic
A runner may break it
What some people get caught on
DefinitionTAPE as a noun:
1. a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening; "he used a piece of tape for a belt"; "he wrapped a tape around the package"
2. (tape, tape recording, taping) = a recording made on magnetic tape; "the several recordings were combined on a master tape"
3. the finishing line for a foot race; "he broke the tape in record time"
4. (tape, tapeline, tape measure) = measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths; "the carpenter should have used his tape measure"
5. (magnetic tape, mag tape, tape) = memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information; "he took along a dozen tapes to record the interview"
TAPE as a verb:
1. fasten or attach with tape; "tape the shipping label to the box"
2. (videotape, tape) = record on videotape
3. (record, tape) = register electronically; "They recorded her singing"