Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueRiver hazard (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SHOAL is common and appears about once every 325 puzzles.
Horde of herrings
Mass of bass
Pack of mackerel
School of fish
School of a kind
School of a sort
Place to run aground
DefinitionSHOAL as a noun:
1. a sandbank in a stretch of water that is visible at low tide
2. (shoal, shallow) = a stretch of shallow water
3. (school, shoal) = a large group of fish; "a school of small glittering fish swam by"
SHOAL as a verb:
1. (shallow, shoal) = make shallow; "The silt shallowed the canal"
2. (shallow, shoal) = become shallow; "the lake shallowed over time"