Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueRode on a jet (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer FLEW is uncommon, appearing about once every 400 puzzles.
Hopped a plane
Took a Concorde
Took a jet
Went by plane
Gained popular acceptance
Took the red-eye
Went like the dickens
Went like the wind
Went really fast
Traveled like Saint-Exupéry
DefinitionFLY as a verb:
1. (fly, wing) = travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly"
2. move quickly or suddenly; "He flew about the place"
3. (fly, aviate, pilot) = fly a plane
4. transport by aeroplane; "We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America"
5. cause to fly or float; "fly a kite"
6. be dispersed or disseminated; "Rumors and accusations are flying"
7. change quickly from one emotional state to another; "fly into a rage"
8. (fly, fell, vanish) = pass away rapidly; "Time flies like an arrow"; "Time fleeing beneath him"
9. travel in an airplane; "she is flying to Cincinnati tonight"; "Are we driving or flying?"
10. display in the air or cause to float; "fly a kite"; "All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N."
11. (flee, fly, take flight) = run away quickly; "He threw down his gun and fled"
12. travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft; "Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic"
13. hit a fly
14. (vanish, fly, vaporize) = decrease rapidly and disappear; "the money vanished in las Vegas"; "all my stock assets have vaporized"