Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueRun (7 letter answer)
NotesThe answer OPERATE is common and appears about once every 350 puzzles.
Be in charge of
Be at the controls
Do surgery (on)
Employ a trocar
Emulate a b.t.o.
Emulate the Mayos
Make the cut?
Manage or run
Work or run
Go in, so to speak
Work on an organ, maybe
Work on an open-and-shut case?
DefinitionOPERATE as a verb:
1. (operate, run) = direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.; "She is running a relief operation in the Sudan"
2. (function, work, operate, go, run) = perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
3. (operate, control) = handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
4. (manoeuver, maneuver, manoeuvre, operate) = perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
5. happen; "What is going on in the minds of the people?"
6. (engage, mesh, lock, operate) = keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
7. (operate on, operate) = perform surgery on; "The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life"