Scarfed down (3 letter answer)
The answer ATE is very common and appears about once every 22 puzzles.
Goddess of recklessness
Had a bite
Homophone for eight
Took the cake?
Worked on peanuts?
Accepted as a cost, informally
"Faerie Queene" hag
Had a little lamb
Mischievous child of Eris
ATE as a noun:
1. goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment
EAT as a verb:
1. take in solid food; "She was eating a banana"; "What did you eat for dinner last night?"
2. eat a meal; take a meal; "We did not eat until 10 P.M. because there were so many phone calls"; "I didn't eat yet, so I gladly accept your invitation"
3. (feed, eat) = take in food; used of animals only; "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
4. (consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out) = use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
5. (eat, eat on) = worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way; "What's eating you?"
6. (corrode, eat, rust) = cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid; "The acid corroded the metal"; "The steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink"