Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueShark watchers' protectors (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer CAGES is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 800 puzzles.
Old elevator cars
Some birds' homes
They may be rattled
DefinitionCAGE as a noun:
1. (cage, coop) = an enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals can be kept
2. something that restricts freedom as a cage restricts movement
3. (Cage, John Cage, John Milton Cage Jr.) = United States composer of avant-garde music (1912-1992)
4. the net that is the goal in ice hockey
5. (batting cage, cage) = a movable screen placed behind home base to catch balls during batting practice
CAGE as a verb:
1. (cage, cage in) = confine in a cage; "The animal was caged"