Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueSiesta (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer NAP is seen frequently, appearing about once every 80 puzzles.
Aspect of velvet
Break of a sort
Break, of a sort
Experience a minor crash?
Cards raise this
Day care break
Go out for a while?
Teasel raises it
Tennis ball feature
Be off one's guard
It makes towels plushy
DefinitionNAP as a noun:
1. (sleep, nap) = a period of time spent sleeping; "he felt better after a little sleep"; "there wasn't time for a nap"
2. a soft or fuzzy surface texture
3. (pile, nap) = the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy) that stands up from the weave; "for uniform color and texture tailors cut velvet with the pile running the same direction"
4. (nap, catnap, cat sleep, forty winks, short sleep, snooze) = sleeping for a short period of time (usually not in bed)
5. (Napoleon, nap) = a card game similar to whist; usually played for stakes
NAP as a verb:
1. (nap, catnap, catch a wink) = take a siesta; "She naps everyday after lunch for an hour"