Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueSoda ___ (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer JERK is uncommon, appearing about once every 550 puzzles.
Steve Martin's "The ___"
Be rough with the reins
Steve Martin comedy, with "The"
Steve Martin film, with "The"
Weight lifting maneuver
Steve Martin role: 1979
DefinitionJERK as a noun:
1. (jerk, dork) = a dull stupid fatuous person
2. (jerk, jerking, jolt, saccade) = an abrupt spasmodic movement
3. (mechanics) the rate of change of acceleration
4. (jerky, jerked meat, jerk) = meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
5. raising a weight from shoulder height to above the head by straightening the arms
6. (tug, jerk) = a sudden abrupt pull
JERK as a verb:
1. (yank, jerk) = pull, or move with a sudden movement; "He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
2. (jerk, twitch) = move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions; "The patient's legs were jerkings"
3. (twitch, jerk) = make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion; "his face is twitching"
4. (buck, jerk, hitch) = jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
5. (jerk, flick) = throw or toss with a quick motion; "flick a piece of paper across the table"; "jerk his head"