Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueSpot checker? (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer VET is seen frequently, appearing about once every 110 puzzles.
Check for accuracy
Doc for a boxer
J. Herriot, for one
James Herriot, for one
Member of a post
Do a background check on
James Herriot, e.g.
Kind of doctor, for short
Old-timer, for short
Ribbon wearer, sometimes
War pilot today
One likely to have pet peeves?
Old Philadelphia stadium, informally, with "the"
Race-track employee, for short
One who frequently sees Spots, for short
DefinitionVET as a noun:
1. (veterinarian, veterinary, veterinary surgeon, vet) = a doctor who practices veterinary medicine
2. (veteran, vet, ex-serviceman) = a person who has served in the armed forces
VET as a verb:
1. work as a veterinarian; "She vetted for the farms in the area for many years"
2. examine carefully; "Someone should vet this report before it goes out"
3. provide (a person) with medical care
4. provide veterinary care for