Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueTrapping trophies (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer PELTS is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 650 puzzles.
Early Astor's collection
Trading post buys
Attacks from a snow fort, say
DefinitionPELT as a noun:
1. (fur, pelt) = the dressed hairy coat of a mammal
2. (hide, pelt, skin) = body covering of a living animal
PELT as a verb:
1. (pelt, bombard) = cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile; "They pelted each other with snowballs"
2. (pepper, pelt) = attack and bombard with or as if with missiles; "pelt the speaker with questions"
3. (pour, pelt, stream, rain cats and dogs, rain buckets) = rain heavily; "Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!"