Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueTuck's companion (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer NIP is seen frequently, appearing about once every 110 puzzles.
Beat by a hair
Bit of chill
Partner of tuck
Sip from a flask
Beat by a tiny bit
Defeat by just a tad
Fall weather feature
Small amount of drink
DefinitionNIP as a noun:
1. (nip, shot) = a small drink of liquor; "he poured a shot of whiskey"
2. (Jap, Nip) = (offensive slang) a person of Japanese descent
3. (relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, smack, nip, tang) = the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
4. (chilliness, coolness, nip) = the property of being moderately cold; "the chilliness of early morning"
5. (nip, piquance, piquancy, piquantness, tang, tanginess, zest) = a tart spicy quality
6. (nip, pinch) = a small sharp bite or snip
NIP as a verb:
1. (pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch) = squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
2. give a small sharp bite to; "The Queen's corgis always nip at her staff's ankles"
3. (nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off) = sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"