Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueUtah's Great ___ Lake (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SALT is seen frequently, appearing about once every 80 puzzles.
Related CluesAlum, for one
Quinine is one
Costain's "Below the ___"
Dash in the kitchen
A dash, maybe
One form of quinine
Kind of mine
Something to pass
1972 agreement, for short
Highway department supply
It can sting
Word with box or flat
Acronym for U.S.-U.S.S.R. talks
No-no in some diets
U.S.-Soviet arms pact
Make one's ___ (earn money)
DefinitionSALT as a noun:
1. a compound formed by replacing hydrogen in an acid by a metal (or a radical that acts like a metal)
2. (salt, table salt, common salt) = white crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food
3. (Strategic Arms Limitation Talks, SALT) = negotiations between the United States and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics opened in 1969 in Helsinki designed to limit both countries' stock of nuclear weapons
4. (salt, saltiness, salinity) = the taste experience when common salt is taken into the mouth
SALT as a verb:
1. add salt to
2. sprinkle as if with salt; "the rebels had salted the fields with mines and traps"
3. add zest or liveliness to; "She salts her lectures with jokes"
4. preserve with salt; "people used to salt meats on ships"
SALT as an adjective:
1. (of speech) painful or bitter; "salt scorn"- Shakespeare; "a salt apology"
2. (salty, salt) = one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of sea water