Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueWas concerned (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer CARED is common and appears about once every 325 puzzles.
Nursed, with "for"
Tended, with "for"
Felt love for
Gave a darn
Gave a fig
Gave a hoot
Gave a rap
Had a conscience
Had a feeling
Looked after, with "for"
Was concerned about
Was personally invested
Didn't just shrug the shoulders
DefinitionCARE as a verb:
1. feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I don't care"
2. (care, give care) = provide care for; "The nurse was caring for the wounded"
3. (wish, care, like) = prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
4. (manage, deal, care, handle) = be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
5. (worry, care) = be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"