Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueWishes undone (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer RUES is common and appears about once every 200 puzzles.
Related CluesIs contrite
Royale and Rivoli
Streets of Québec
Ways of Paris
French urban network
Sighs over, say
They intersect in Montréal
de la Paix and Madeleine
Has second thoughts about
St. Dominique and de Lille
Ones coming from the Arc de Triomphe?
Plants once called "herbs of grace"
DefinitionRUE as a noun:
1. (rue, herb of grace, Ruta graveolens) = European strong-scented perennial herb with grey-green bitter-tasting leaves; an irritant similar to poison ivy
2. leaves sometimes used for flavoring fruit or claret cup but should be used with great caution: can cause irritation like poison ivy
3. (sorrow, regret, rue, ruefulness) = sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment; "he drank to drown his sorrows"; "he wrote a note expressing his regret"; "to his rue, the error cost him the game"
4. (French) a street or road in France
RUE as a verb:
1. (repent, regret, rue) = feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about