Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueBifocal, e.g. (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer LENS is seen frequently, appearing about once every 80 puzzles.
Focuser of light
The "L" of S.L.R.
Part of S.L.R.
The eye has it
Film, in Hollywood lingo
It's behind the iris
Slide projector part
Something found in specs?
Something to see through
Something to shoot through
DefinitionLENS as a noun:
1. (lens, lense, lens system) = a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images
2. (Lens, genus Lens) = genus of small erect or climbing herbs with pinnate leaves and small inconspicuous white flowers and small flattened pods: lentils
3. (metaphor) a channel through which something can be seen or understood; "the writer is the lens through which history can be seen"
4. (lens, crystalline lens) = biconvex transparent body situated behind the iris in the eye; it focuses light waves on the retina
5. (lens, electron lens) = electronic equipment that uses a magnetic or electric field in order to focus a beam of electrons