Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueClever, slangily (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SWIFT is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1100 puzzles.
Founder of Lilliput
Jonathan or Tom
Not too ___
Aptly named bird
"A Modest Proposal" writer
Wasting no time
DefinitionSWIFT as a noun:
1. (Swift, Gustavus Franklin Swift) = United States meat-packer who began the use of refrigerated railroad cars (1839-1903)
2. (Swift, Jonathan Swift, Dean Swift) = an English satirist born in Ireland (1667-1745)
3. a small bird that resembles a swallow and is noted for its rapid flight
4. (western fence lizard, swift, blue-belly, Sceloporus occidentalis) = common western lizard; seen on logs or rocks
SWIFT as an adjective:
1. (fleet, swift) = moving very fast; "fleet of foot"; "the fleet scurrying of squirrels"; "a swift current"; "swift flight of an arrow"; "a swift runner"