Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueCry before "You're it!" (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TAG is seen frequently, appearing about once every 100 puzzles.
Related CluesDer ___
___ along (follow)
End of a pickoff
ID of a sort
The "it" game
Touch and go?
Catch off base
Dog or name follower
Get the base-runner
Identify in a Facebook photo
Make out, in baseball
Put out, in a way
Washing instructions site
What "it" plays
Word with end or line
It chases people in it
What it must do
It may put someone out
Make someone feel put out?
DefinitionTAG as a noun:
1. a label made of cardboard or plastic or metal
2. (rag, shred, tag, tag end, tatter) = a small piece of cloth or paper
3. a game in which one child chases the others; the one who is caught becomes the next chaser
4. (sports) the act of touching a player in a game (which changes their status in the game)
TAG as a verb:
1. (tag, label, mark) = attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
2. touch a player while he is holding the ball
3. provide with a name or nickname
4. (chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track) = go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
5. supply (blank verse or prose) with rhymes