Dojo needs (4 letter answer)
The answer MATS is common and appears about once every 250 puzzles.
Equipment for grapplers
Wilander of tennis
Wilander of Wimbledon
Dining table sights
Gym floor covers
Photo studio supplies
Vaulters' landing places
Wilander of tennis fame
___ Wilander, tennis star
Sacks for packing coffee or sugar
Shoes are wiped on them
They welcome people at the door
Where pins are made
MAT as a noun:
1. a thick flat pad used as a floor covering
2. (mat, matting) = mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
3. (mat, gym mat) = sports equipment consisting of a piece of thick padding on the floor for gymnastic sports
4. a mass that is densely tangled or interwoven; "a mat of weeds and grass"
5. (Master of Arts in Teaching, MAT) = a master's degree in teaching
6. (flatness, lusterlessness, lustrelessness, mat, matt, matte) = the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
7. a small pad of material that is used to protect surface from an object placed on it
MAT as a verb:
1. (entangle, tangle, mat, snarl) = twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
2. (felt, felt up, mat up, matt-up, matte up, matte, mat) = change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"