Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueFree-for-all (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SCRAP is seen frequently, appearing about once every 130 puzzles.
Abandon a project
Consign to the junkyard
Discard as useless
Discontinue, as a project
Get rid of
Kind of metal
Take to the dump
Dump into a Dumpster
Leftover bit of cloth
Metal to be reprocessed
Mix it up
DefinitionSCRAP as a noun:
1. (bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap) = a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
2. (rubbish, trash, scrap) = worthless material that is to be disposed of
3. a small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used; "she jotted it on a scrap of paper"; "there was not a scrap left"
4. (fight, fighting, combat, scrap) = the act of fighting; any contest or struggle; "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
SCRAP as a verb:
1. (trash, junk, scrap) = dispose of (something useless or old); "trash these old chairs"; "junk an old car"; "scrap your old computer"
2. (quarrel, dispute, scrap, argufy, altercate) = have a disagreement over something; "We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America"; "These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
3. make into scrap or refuse; "scrap the old airplane and sell the parts"