Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueHiring no-no (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer BIAS is seen frequently, appearing about once every 160 puzzles.
A concern of a seamstress
Favoritism or discrimination
Opinion of others?
Civil rights concern
It's not fair!
Seamstress's diagonal cut
Subject for a media ombudsman
One of the Seven Sages of ancient Greece
DefinitionBIAS as a noun:
1. (bias, prejudice, preconception) = a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
2. (diagonal, bias) = a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
BIAS as a verb:
1. influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
2. (bias, predetermine) = cause to be biased
BIAS as an adjective:
1. slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric; "a bias fold"