Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueHistorian's forte (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer PAST is seen frequently, appearing about once every 120 puzzles.
History, with "the"
One of the tenses
After the hour
Days of yore
Future of the present
Kind of tense
All our yesterdays
Behind us all
A Christmas in "A Christmas Carol"
Like some practice
What 1492 is part of
It may be shady
Like water under the bridge
"Every saint has a ___": Oscar Wilde
DefinitionPAST as a noun:
1. (past, past times, yesteryear, yore) = the time that has elapsed; "forget the past"
2. a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret); "reporters dug into the candidate's past"
3. (past, past tense) = a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
PAST as an adjective:
1. earlier than the present time; no longer current; "time past"; "his youth is past"; "this past Thursday"; "the past year"
2. (past, preceding, retiring) = of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office; "a retiring member of the board"
3. a verb tense or other construction referring to events or states that existed at some previous time; "past participle"
PAST as an adverb:
1. (by, past) = so as to pass a given point; "every hour a train goes past"