Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueInvalidate (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer VOID is common and appears about once every 350 puzzles.
Null and ___
Invalidate, as a check
Bridge asset at times
Missing a suit, in bridge
No longer valid
Not legally binding
Out of cards in a suit
There's nothing in it
Word on a sample check
Deep space, for the most part
Tear up, so to speak
Like a redeemed coupon
Word written across a bad check
DefinitionVOID as a noun:
1. (nothingness, void, nullity, nihility) = the state of nonexistence
2. (void, vacancy, emptiness, vacuum) = an empty area or space; "the huge desert voids"; "the emptiness of outer space"; "without their support he'll be ruling in a vacuum"
VOID as a verb:
1. (invalidate, annul, quash, void, avoid, nullify) = declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea"
2. clear (a room, house, place) of occupants or empty or clear (a place or receptacle) of something; "The chemist voided the glass bottle"; "The concert hall was voided of the audience"
3. (invalidate, void, vitiate) = take away the legal force of or render ineffective; "invalidate a contract"
4. (evacuate, void, empty) = excrete or discharge from the body
VOID as an adjective:
1. (null, void) = lacking any legal or binding force; "null and void"
2. containing nothing; "the earth was without form, and void"