Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueJackie Onassis' sister (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer LEE is very common and appears about once every 34 puzzles.
Director Spike ___
Golf's ___ Elder
Grant of films
"The Gray Fox"
Kind of side
Loos's Lorelei ___
One of the "Magnificent Seven"
Majors in acting?
Marvin or Remick
Peggy or Pinky
The quiet side
Robert or Annabel
Trevino or Remick
Actor Van Cleef
Attorney F. ___ Bailey
Confederate general at Gettysburg
Country singer Brenda
D.S. Freeman subject
Inventor De Forest
"To Kill a Mockingbird" author
Movie maker Spike
"School Daze" director
Shelter, nautically speaking
Singer David ___ Roth
Virginia's Washington and ___ University
Light-Horse Harry's surname
Martial arts expert Bruce
Peggy who sang "Fever"
Van Cleef of "High Noon"
Brenda who sang "I'm Sorry"
Harper who wrote "To Kill a Mockingbird"
Manfred B. ___, half of Ellery Queen
"Mo' Better Blues" director Spike
DefinitionLEE as a noun:
1. (Lee, Spike Lee, Shelton Jackson Lee) = United States filmmaker whose works explore the richness of Black culture in America (born in 1957)
2. (Lee, Gypsy Rose Lee, Rose Louise Hovick) = United States striptease artist who became famous on Broadway in the 1930s (1914-1970)
3. (Lee, Bruce Lee, Lee Yuen Kam) = United States actor who was an expert in kung fu and starred in martial arts films (1941-1973)
4. (Lee, Tsung Dao Lee) = United States physicist (born in China) who collaborated with Yang Chen Ning in disproving the principle of conservation of parity (born in 1926)
5. (Lee, Richard Henry Lee) = leader of the American Revolution who proposed the resolution calling for independence of the American colonies (1732-1794)
6. (Lee, Henry Lee, Lighthorse Harry Lee) = soldier of the American Revolution (1756-1818)
7. (Lee, Robert E. Lee, Robert Edward Lee) = American general who led the Confederate armies in the American Civil War (1807-1870)
8. (lee, lee side, leeward) = the side of something that is sheltered from the wind
LEE as an adjective:
1. (downwind, lee) = towards the side away from the wind