Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueLike some coins and salads (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TOSSED is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 900 puzzles.
Type of salad
Like many a salad
Like some salads
What the insomniac did
Like rodeo riders, eventually
DefinitionTOSS as a verb:
1. (flip, toss, sky, pitch) = throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
2. (flip, toss) = lightly throw to see which side comes up; "I don't know what to do--I may as well flip a coin!"
3. (chuck, toss) = throw carelessly; "chuck the ball"
4. (convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate) = move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
5. (discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away) = throw or cast away; "Put away your worries"
6. agitate; "toss the salad"