Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The Clue___ limit (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TERM is seen frequently, appearing about once every 120 puzzles.
Life, for one
Candlemas or Michaelmas
Duration of office
Kind of insurance
Kind of paper
Length of sentence
Relative of a semester
Time in office
Time in a seat
Type of paper
Five to ten, e.g.
Four years, for a President
Six years in the Senate
Six years, for a senator
Two years in the House
Six years, for a U.S. senator
Van Buren had but one
DefinitionTERM as a noun:
1. a word or expression used for some particular thing; "he learned many medical terms"
2. a limited period of time; "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
3. (condition, term) = (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
4. any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial; "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
5. one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition; "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
6. (term, full term) = the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent; "a healthy baby born at full term"
7. (terminus, terminal figure, term) = (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
TERM as a verb:
1. name formally or designate with a term