Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The CluePaying passenger (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer FARE is seen frequently, appearing about once every 160 puzzles.
Related CluesBill of ___
Cost of leaving
The going price?
Price of transportation
Ticket to ride
Token at times
Bus token, e.g.
Certain collector's item
High cost of leaving
The high cost of leaving
It's taken for a ride
$1.50 for the first 1/5 mile, e.g.
DefinitionFARE as a noun:
1. (menu, fare) = an agenda of things to do; "they worked rapidly down the menu of reports"
2. (fare, transportation) = the sum charged for riding in a public conveyance
3. a paying (taxi) passenger
4. the food and drink that are regularly consumed
FARE as a verb:
1. (do, fare, make out, come, get along) = proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
2. eat well