Quick gulps of liquor (6 letter answer)
The answer SNORTS is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 750 puzzles.
Sounds of derision
Mister Ed productions
Quick drinks at the bar
SNORT as a noun:
1. (snicker, snort, snigger) = a disrespectful laugh
2. (boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird) = a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
SNORT as a verb:
1. indicate contempt by breathing noisily and forcefully through the nose; "she snorted her disapproval of the proposed bridegroom"
2. make a snorting sound by exhaling hard; "The critic snorted contemptuously"
3. (huff, snort) = inhale recreational drugs; "The addict was snorting cocaine almost every day"; "the kids were huffing glue"
4. (take a hit, snort) = inhale through the nose