Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueSaturate (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SOAK is common and appears about once every 250 puzzles.
Clean, as dentures
Enjoy a tub
Laze in the tub
Loll in a tub
Overcharge and how
Sting a customer
Take to the cleaners
Tarry in a tub
Charge too much
Get really wet
Good long bath
Good, long bath
Get into some hot water?
DefinitionSOAK as a noun:
1. (soak, soakage, soaking) = the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid); "a good soak put life back in the wagon"
2. (soak, soaking) = washing something by allowing it to soak
SOAK as a verb:
1. submerge in a liquid; "I soaked in the hot tub for an hour"
2. (overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook) = rip off; ask an unreasonable price
3. (drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse) = cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
4. (pawn, soak, hock) = leave as a guarantee in return for money; "pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
5. beat severely
6. (intoxicate, soak, inebriate) = make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
7. (souse, soak, inebriate, hit it up) = become drunk or drink excessively
8. (soak, imbue) = fill, soak, or imbue totally; "soak the bandage with disinfectant"
9. heat a metal prior to working it