Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueSteno's milieu (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer OFFICE is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1500 puzzles.
Part of O.P.A.
Place to work
Pols seek this
What an electee takes
Some are out of it in January
DefinitionOFFICE as a noun:
1. (office, business office) = place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed; "he rented an office in the new building"
2. (agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority) = an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
3. (function, office, part, role) = the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
4. (office, power) = (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power; "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
5. (office, office staff) = professional or clerical workers in an office; "the whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
6. a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities; "the offices of the mass"
7. (position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation) = a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"