Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueTape holders (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer REELS is seen frequently, appearing about once every 160 puzzles.
Dances for Scarlett
Kin of strathspeys
Reacts to a shock
Film vault collection
Moves like a tosspot
Projection room items
Says quickly, with "off"
Some Hollywood archives
DefinitionREEL as a noun:
1. a roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector
2. music composed for dancing a reel
3. winder consisting of a revolving spool with a handle; attached to a fishing rod
4. (bobbin, spool, reel) = a winder around which thread or tape or film or other flexible materials can be wound
5. (reel, Scottish reel) = a lively dance of Scottish Highlanders; marked by circular moves and gliding steps
6. (Virginia reel, reel) = an American country dance which starts with the couples facing each other in two lines
REEL as a verb:
1. (stagger, reel, keel, lurch, swag, careen) = walk as if unable to control one's movements; "The drunken man staggered into the room"
2. (spin, spin around, whirl, reel, gyrate) = revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
3. wind onto or off a reel