Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueWhat little shavers don't have (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer BEARDS is rarely seen, appearing only about once every 1300 puzzles.
Crumb catchers, often
DefinitionBEARD as a noun:
1. (beard, face fungus, whiskers) = the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
2. a tuft or growth of hairs or bristles on certain plants such as iris or grasses
3. a person who diverts suspicion from someone (especially a woman who accompanies a male homosexual in order to conceal his homosexuality)
4. hairy growth on or near the face of certain mammals
5. (byssus, beard) = tuft of strong filaments by which e.g. a mussel makes itself fast to a fixed surface
BEARD as a verb:
1. go along the rim, like a beard around the chin; "Houses bearded the top of the heights"